Monday, April 15, 2013

Blessed and Fulfilled Life.


" Through the Storm "
  
             I read an email the other day from a reader who said 'she didn't understand what God was doing in her life.' 

It seems that she had experienced one storm after the other and could not 'see' what God was doing.

            I couldn't get this email off my mind.  As I thought about it God reminded me of a couple of things.  

First of all He reminded me of a time when I was driving to another city.  It was a nice drive and then a storm suddenly arose.  

            It was torrential rain and wind, lightening was flashing all around, it certainly made the way appear treacherous.  I was praying silently because I could see my passenger was getting nervous.  

She finally said 'I can't see a thing.'  I replied 'it's okay, don't worry, I can see fine.'

            Then He reminded me of another time.  We had experienced an ice and snow storm in our area, it was beautiful but dangerous to drive in, however my friend and I decided we wanted to ride through the mountains and enjoy the ice and snow.    

           My friend is an excellent driver and even though the roads were icy and tricky to navigate, it never once entered my mind to be concerned because I trusted her driving ability completely.

            In our life as a Christian, God is NOT the co-pilot, or at least He shouldn't be - He is the PILOT - the DRIVER - the one behind the wheel.  He can be trusted.  Now, I know we have all been in the vehicle with someone whom we weren't comfortable with their driving.  

            The reason we feel uncomfortable in the situation is because we don't know how they will react or what they will do in certain situations.  We KNOW how we would react, but we can't trust their reaction...only because we are not familiar with their driving.

            I have learned to trust God's driving.  Over the past 24 years I have been on many, many rocky roads with God driving.  While, at first, I questioned His faithfulness to get me where we were going, I don't question it any longer.  I have learned, after many journeys with God, to trust Him and His word.  

            Even when I can't see where we are going.  Even and especially when the storms of life are torrential and causing me to be unable to see the path ahead.  

            At those times I have learned to trust His driving...in the same way I trusted my friend that day in the ice and snow.  I may not understand and I may not be able to see, but I trust God completely.

            Jeremiah 29:11 says; for I know the thoughts I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

            Deuteronomy 4:31 says; for God is a merciful God, He will not forsake you, nor destroy you, nor forget the covenant He has with you.

            Deuteronomy 31:8 says; and the Lord, He is the one who goes before you.  He will not leave you, nor forsake you.

            You may find yourself in the passenger's seat today, unsure of where you are going.  

             You may not be able to clearly see the path before you, if this is you know that God is the one who goes before you, He will never leave you nor forsake you...if He says you are going to the other side, you will - no storm will be able to stop you.
           
              As you travel with God as the driver, you will begin to trust God.  The longer you ride with Him, the more you will be able to trust Him and His faithfulness.

            God sees all, He knows exactly where you are going, He knows the way, He is not concerned, His vision is perfect and He has a good plan for you - trust Him and His plan.


Kim Potter




"Benefits of the Favor of the Lord

  dandilion   
Favor Produces supernatural increase and promotion.Gen. 39:21
 
Favor produces restoration and everything the enemy has stolen from you.Ex. 3:21
 
Favor produces honesty in the midst of adversaries.Ex. 11:3    

=========================================================
Blessed and Fulfilled Life

Y
ou were created by Almighty God to live a blessed and fulfilled life.

But so many people live far below the level of what God truly intends for them simply because they don’t see how it could happen.

But the truth is you have to believe before you are ever going to see something take place in the natural.

You have to look with your eyes of faith because the provision, healing and miracle that you need is already available in the supernatural realm.

You might say, “Well, I don’t know how to do that. I don’t know how to look with my eyes of faith.”

The way you open your eyes of faith is by reading and meditating on the Word of God.

His Word deposits strength and faith inside you and illuminates your heart.

His Word causes your faith to grow so you can believe His promises.

And when you believe it, then you will see it because all things are possible for those who believe!

Today, feed your faith by meditating on His Word. Declare His promises over your life.

Keep moving forward with an attitude of faith and expectancy knowing that He has victory in store for your future!

Hebrews 11:3 says “By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible”.

PRAYER: Father God, thank You for Your sweet and precious promises.

I choose to open the eyes of my heart so that I can see and receive the good things You have for me.

Help me to be a blessing to others and keep my mind stayed on You.

In Jesus name we pray, Amen.


==========================================================
 
 
======================================================
 

No comments: