Wednesday, September 5, 2012

DEALING WITH DISAPPOINTMENT.


 " Dealing with Disappointment  "

  early spring         
   
There is no one I know of that has not experienced disappointment at one time or another - 
it is simply a part of life - however, disappointment if left unchecked is a dangerous thing.

            Disappointment breeds unbelief. 

Unbelief is a partnership with a demonic force - 
the spirit of unbelief is looking for a way in to the life of a believer and disappointment will give him that open door.

            Disappointment comes when things happen in your life that you simply can't understand - 
perhaps you were standing firm on the word of God, fasting and praying and 
still your prayers seem to go unanswered, this will cause disappointment.

            Disappointment is defined as defeat of expectation, to hinder from the possession 
or enjoyment of that which was intended, desired, hoped for or expected. 

We take the word of God and we apply it to a situation and expect it to bring change, 
our desired outcome, and when it doesn't happen the way or time we think it should, disappointment sets in.

            Proverbs 13:12 says hope deferred makes the heart sick. I love the way the Message Bible says it, 
it says unrelenting disappointment makes the heart sick.

            For most Christians it takes more than one attack from the enemy to bring the heart 
to a place of being vulnerable to sickness, it will take unrelenting attacks, attacks from every side.

          When unrelenting disappointments come we have to deal with disappointment, 
if we don't it will affect every single prayer we pray from that time forward. 

You will begin to see things through the eyes of disappointment instead of through the eyes of faith 
and when that happens, unbelief will become a part of your prayer life.

            I am talking to you from experience, I just walked through this time and God, 
amazingly healed my heart completely of all disappointment - every single one. 

I am amazed at how different I feel in just a few weeks and I want everyone who has ever 
experienced disappointment to receive the same healing in their heart.

            As the scripture says in Proverbs, disappointment makes you vulnerable to sickness and disease - 
in body and in spirit - I experienced that and found that we simply can't afford to carry around disappointment.   

            I believe one of the biggest hindrances to blessings and miracles in the life of an individual 
is the unresolved hurt and disappointment they continue to carry around. 
It affects your faith in God and opens the door to the enemy.

            The good news is that God will take your greatest disappointment, 
your greatest loss and turn it into your greatest strength if you allow Him to. 

All you have to do is seek His face and ask Him to remove all disappointment from you and 
to completely heal your heart of every hurt - He will do it for you - He did it for me.

            Remember, whatever the enemy means for harm, God means for good - 
allow God to turn every hurt and every disappointment for your good. 

Proverbs 13:12 says 
'Hope deferred makes the heart sick'...but it doesn't stop there
...it says 'but when the desire comes it is the tree of life.' 

Allow God to take your PAST disappointment and into life and life more abundantly.
           


 ===================================================

" Confessions for Faith "
 Autumn Harvest     

Because I have a living faith, I say to the mountain move from here to there 
and it moves and nothing is impossible to me. 
Matthew 17:20

I am justified and made upright by faith, independent of and distinctly 
apart from good deeds and works of the law. 
Romans 3:28

Through Him I have access, entrance by faith into this grace, 
this state of God's favor, in which I firmly and safely stand. 
I rejoice and exult in hope of experiencing and enjoying the glory of God. 
Romans 5:2

========================================

BVD


Jesus asked them, "Why are you so frightened?

What has happened to your faith?! "Mark 4:40.


My prayer for the day !




Dear Father, You are my Father of compassion and mercies.

You are my gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

You understand that how feeble I am.




You know that when the storms of issues and problems come raging in my life,

I tend to take my focus away from You and my faith begins to falter.



I forget that You are always near me to look after me not to sink.




You are always Mighty to save me.

You will never abandon me to be decimated.



You will never let me go.




Abba, in the midst of the storms, please make me more aware of Your presence and

Your ever enduring love than any of the tangible things in my life.



I want to experience You for real so that I may never lack in faith.



Show me that You favor me by not letting my enemies triumph over me.

Protect me from the scourge of tongues.



Let me be rooted and grounded in Your love. 


Let me be satisfied with Your favor.

Lord God, let Your presence bless my life abundantly today and forever
                                                   Through the grace of Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.


No comments: