Thursday, April 26, 2012

BLESSED RISK.

Risk your life and get more than you ever dreamed of.
Play it safe and end up holding the bag. Luke 19:26 (MSG)
Jesus once told the story of a master who asked three servants
to handle his money while he was away.
He gave each of them a sum of money, and when he returned,
the first servant told the master he’d doubled the money
through investments, and the second said he’d made fifty percent
profit for the master.
But the third servant, in essence, said he’d been afraid
the master would punish him for making mistakes
so he hid the money in the cellar until the master returned.
The master rewarded the first two servants,
saying those who handle small matters well will be given
greater responsibility.
But he rebuked the third servant, saying,
“Risk your life and get more than you ever dreamed of.
Play it safe and end up holding the bag” (Luke 19:26 MSG).
We move forward in faith when we take risks,
not just any kind of risk, but ones that are specifically directed by God.
These God-nudges push us beyond living life by
sight so that we will live life by faith.
When we do not live by faith, we live faithlessly.
Any decision independent of God is a faithless decision.
Jesus expressed his faith when he said:
“I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself;
he can do only what he sees his Father doing,
because whatever the Father does the Son also does”
(John 5:19 NIV).
=================================================
" Never Settle for Less "
   

 power sunset
            This past week I was thinking about something, God had asked me if I wanted to have this one particular thing;
I thought about it for days and realized that while I did like this thing,
if I could choose it wouldn't be my first choice, it would be my 'settled for.'

            You see, God taught me years ago if what you have in hand is not exactly what you asked Him for,
it is your settled for.  Now, some people may be content with their 'settled-for' but I am not one of them. 
            Lately I feel God attempting to pull me up higher in my thoughts and expectations and that is causing me
to take a hard look at many things in my thinking. 
I am seeing strongholds that need tearing down; I am seeing mindsets that don't line up with the word of God.
            I am so thankful that He is doing this, He could leave me like I am and allow me to settle for less than what He has for me,
but He loves me too much therefore He will pull me up higher until I see me and my life as He sees me and my life.

            I read a scripture today in the Message Bible in 2 Corinthians 5:26. 
It says 'God puts a little heaven in our heart so we never settle for less.' 
That is exactly what I am feeling. 
It also reminds me of the scripture that says 'he feeds us with manna and causes us to hunger.'

            What is this saying?  It is saying that God will put a little of His provision,
His ways, His abundance, His will in our hearts so we don't settle for something less than what He has for us.
            Perhaps you are thinking that it is not God's will for everyone to prosper and have His best. 

I beg to differ.  God makes His will plain in Matthew 6:10 in this very familiar verse of scripture.
            Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. 
Let's take a look at a few of these words.  
The word 'kingdom' means God's power and dominion, His royal power, the territory in which a King dwells and rules. 

The word 'come' means to come from one place to another and to be established. 
The word 'will' means what God has determined will be and His purpose to bless mankind. 
            In other word, God's royal power and dominion will come from His place to our place and establish His desire to bless us. 

Bless us how?  What is His will to bless mankind? 
By causing things to be ON EARTH as they are IN HEAVEN.
             In earth we have sickness and disease.  In earth we have lack, recession and famine. 
In earth we have chaos and turmoil...not so in heaven.  There is no sickness, no lack, no famine and to chaos. 

It is God's will for your life to reflect what is in heaven.  That is HIS WILL for you.
If you are living in anything less, it is NOT His will -
His will is that things be in your world just like they are in His.
            We should never be pleased to dwell in a level of existence lower than that which God has made it possible for us to dwell in. 

We should instead strive to be the best we can be and reach the highest levels we can reach. 
To do or settle for less is to be unfaithful stewards of the life given to us through the cross of Christ.
            On earth as it is in heaven...that is God's will for us. 
Is that what you are seeing in your own life, heaven on earth? 

No?  then press on, move upward, press in until you see it -
it is His will and if it is His will then He has the ability to bring it to pass,
don't you think?  Heaven on earth...settle for no less. 
Never, never settle for less than what God has said is yours...never.

===================================================================================

" Confessions for Blessings "
 
light house
 I am a blessing.  I am blessed and my name is great.  Genesis 12:2

God has blessed those who bless me and cursed those who curse me. 
All families on the earth are blessed through me. 
Genesis 12:3

I have received all the blessings of Abraham in Christ. 
I will surely become a great and powerful nation and all the nations of the earth will be blessed through me.



No comments: